Our Program Has Changed
The Youth Succeed program is a federally funded program under the Workforce Investment Act. Effective July 1, 2015, the program is reauthorized as the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
What does this mean for me?
- We are now serving youth up to age 24
- The program will include more work-based learning opportunities
- Increased focus on out-of-school participants to include youth who have dropped out of high school, youth looking to go into a GED program, and high school graduates not currently employed or enrolled in post-secondary education
- Change in eligibility for youth (call our Youth Line to see if you qualify: 720.523.6964)
Services open to all youth include:
- Job referrals and job development assistance
- Self-help computer stations with internet access
- Access to job listings and national job search websites
- Job market information and employer profiles
- Extensive library of financial aid, education, and job search-related resources
- Job search and job success skills training workshops
- Career assessment and counseling
- Referrals to schools, agencies, and other youth resources
The Youth Succeed (WIOA) Program:
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Youth Program offers assistance in supporting youth to obtain their high school diploma, GED, or post secondary certificate/training (2 years or less), and encourages youth through their education by offering case management and supportive services.
Services provided are based on individual need and availability of funding. Learn more about the WIOA Program.