Our Program Has Changed The Youth Succeed program is a federally funded program under the Workforce Investment Act. Effective July 1, 2015, the program is reauthorized as the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
What does this mean for me? •We are now serving youth up to age 24
- The program will include more work-based learning opportunities
- Increased focus on out-of-school participants to include youth who have dropped out of high school, youth looking to go into a GED program, and high school graduates not currently employed or enrolled in post-secondary education
- Change in eligibility for youth (call our Youth Line to see if you qualify: 720.523.6964)
The Youth Succeed program is a federally-funded Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) program that offers assistance in supporting youth to obtain their high school diploma, GED, or post-secondary certificate/training (2 years or less), and encourages youth through their education by offering case management and supportive services. Services provided are based on individual need and availability of funding.
How to Apply
To complete an initial screening to determine if you are eligible for this program, please call 720.523.6964 to speak with a youth intake specialist for more information, or fill out a Youth Referral Form and return it to the Adams County Workforce and Business Center by mail, email, fax, or in person.
- Career pathway counseling provided by Youth Succeed staff
- Alternative schools service to achieve diploma or GED
- Financial assistance for 1-2 year career programs and professional certifications
- Financial support for educational needs
- Tutoring and study skills training
- Work-related skills workshops/training
- Paid and unpaid work experiences, including internships and job shadowing
- Referral to guidance and counseling for:
- Mental Health
- Leadership development
- Summer employment opportunities
- Adult mentoring
If you provide these services for youth and would like to become an official vendor for the Youth Succeed program, fill out an application online.
Youth can apply for this program if they meet the following requirements:\
- Ages 16-24
- Face a challenge to employment