Vin Inspections are required for any new title or registration transaction that has an out of state ownership document.
Inspections at the Bennett location can be completed for $15.00 between the hours of 8 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. - 4 p.m., weather permitting.
Inspections may be obtained at all other Motor Vehicle Offices for $15.00 between the hours of Vin Inspections: 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., weather permitting.
Other Agencies that perform Vin Inspections
- Centralized Air Care Colorado emissions inspection stations. List
- Independent emissions inspection stations in both the Enhanced and Basic emissions program areas.
- Licensed diesel emissions inspection stations.
- Some motor vehicle dealerships.
- Some County Clerk and Recorder offices.
- Some law enforcement agencies.