Adams County was moved to the Severe Risk Red Level by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. The new restrictions will go into effect Friday, Nov. 20, at 5 p.m., and will remain in effect until Friday, Dec. 18.

Financial Assistance Programs

Aid To The Blind (AB)


Provides a public assistance grant without Medicaid to clients age 18 or older, legally blind by Colorado statutes. Income and resource guidelines must be met.

Aid To The Needy Disabled (AND)


Provides a public assistance grant without Medicaid to clients 18-59 years of age, considered disabled by Colorado statutes. Income and resource guidelines must be met.

Aging and Adult Services / Adult Protective Services


Receives and investigates reports of mistreatment and self-neglect of at-risk adults who are unable to protect themselves from abuse, neglect or exploitation. Those who report mistreatment of at-risk adults remain anonymous and are immune from any civil or criminal liabiity if the report is made in good faith.

Burial Assistance


Provides a public assistance grant for burial, funeral and cremation services to recipients of most financial and medical assistance programs. Income and resource guidelines must be met.

CHOICES /Advancement Plus Program


The goal of the Career & Household Opportunities for Income and Community Services (CHOICES)/Advancement Plus Program is to increase the household income of lower income families in Adams County through training and resource connection. Please note that there are two offices available (pick one based on your preference). CHOICES/Advancement Plus provides up to 9 months of free training and resource connection for eligible Adams County participants. Services assist participants with earning and saving money. Individual training arrangements and "worksite training options" (for interested employers or organizations) are available. Eligibility requires: Adams County residency, a dependent child under age 18, an annual household income less than $75,000, and a valid Social Security Number for the participant or a U.S.-born child.

Financial Assistance Programs

Financial Assistance Programs - Aid To The Blind (AB), Aid To The Needy Disabled (AND), Aging and Adult Services, Adult Protective Services, Burial Assistance, CHOICES /Advancement Plus Program, Food Assistance Program (FA), Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP), Old Age Pension (OAP), Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)

Food Assistance Program (FA)


Formerly known as the Food Stamp Program assists low-income households with monthly food benefits. This program is a supplement to the household's nutritional needs for the month. Eligibility is based upon the household's income, resources, household size, and shelter costs. Benefits are given to eligible households through the Colorado Quest Card. Certain food assistance recipients will be referred to the Employment First Program for assistance in employment and training needs. Got more information or to apply online click here: Information and Benefit Calculator.

For information about hunger in Colorado and food resources click here: Hunger Free Colorado.

Notice:This institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex and in some cases religion or political beliefs.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture also prohibits discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800.877.8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027) online or at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call 866.632.9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
  2. Fax: 202.690.7442; or
  3. Email

For any other information dealing with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) issues, persons should either contact the USDA SNAP Hotline Number at 800.221.5689, which is also in Spanish or call the State Information/Hotline Numbers.

To file a complaint of discrimination regarding a program receiving Federal financial assistance through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), write: HHS Director, Office for Civil Rights, Room 515-F, 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201 or call 202.619.0403 (voice) or 800.537.7697 (TTY).

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Home Care Allowance Program (HCA)


Allows for a small monthly payment to be added to a public assistance grant which can be used to hire a personal care attendant. Financial guidelines must be met, however per State law, no new applications can be taken for HCA after July 1, 2002.

Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)

303. 227.2700

Provides financial assistance to low income households to help pay part of their winter home heating cost. Assistance is given to those households who pay directly to a utility company or those who have heat include in their rent. There are other requirements for subsidized housing. Income limits are set at 165% of poverty. Applications are taken from November 1 through April 30. LEAP can also assist with home heat system repairs.

Old Age Pension (OAP)


Provides a public assistance grant and medical assistance (either Medicaid or the Colorado Health and Medical Program) to clients age 60 or older. Income and resource guidelines must be met.

Supplemental Security Income/Colorado Supplement (SSI/CS)


Provides a public assistance grant and Medicaid to Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients. Income and resource guidelines must be met.

Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)


TANF is the name of the federal public welfare program. In Colorado, TANF is also called Colorado Works. TANF provides temporary cash assistance, and other assistance options to families with children under age 18 who meet the requirements of the program. TANF is not an entitlement program and is subject to availability of funds. Participants are subject to a 24-month time limit to be engaged in a work activity as well as a 60-month lifetime limit, and are required to enter into an Individual Responsibility Contract with the County that specifies the terms and conditions under which they may receive assistance. Grandparents or other relatives may receive TANF cash assistance for children under their care through a program called Child Only TANF. Income and resource guidelines must be met.