Adams County offices are closed to the public until April 20, 2020.
The Recording office will continue to provide the following services during this closure:
- Online copy requests
- Recording services
- Mail documents including drop box at Government Center location
- Limited Phone Services
- Issuing Marriage Licenses* see information below
The following services are not available during the closure:
- Walk-in Recording services
*In accordance with Colorado Governor Polis' executive order, Adams County will be issuing marriage licenses without requiring at least one person to be in person during the time the county is closed to the public.
Please follow these steps to obtain a marriage license:
- Fill out the online application
- Once your application is complete, send an email to email@example.com to set up a phone appointment to issue your license. You will need to have the following ready before your appointment:
- Credit card payment to process over the phone
- Copies or photos of IDs—front and back—ready to email to an encrypted email inbox
Learn more about the Clerk & Recorder services that are still available during the closure.
Responsibilities & Services
The Recording Department is responsible for recording, and preserving public documents; primarily real estate records, Maps, PUDs, and any other documents where there is a need for a public record.
- Provides a grantor/grantee index for all recorded documents; we do not provide Tract indexing.
- Provides copies of recorded documents per request
- Issues and records Marriage and Civil Union Licenses
Please Note: While the Recording Department will record any document presented by a customer, customers should understand that the Recording Department does not confer legality or authenticity on the document.
The Clerk and Recorder's Office does not supply any blank forms.
Effective January 1, 2017, in accordance to SB-16-115. our recording fees will increase to $13.00 for the first page and $5.00 for each additional page.
Please use the following addresses when mailing copy requests or recording packages:
Adams County Clerk & Recorder
P.O. Box 5012
Brighton, CO 80601
By FedEx, UPS, Certified mail, OR in person
4430 S. Adams County Pkwy.
Brighton, CO 80601
Larger Volume Submitter
Please contact our e-Recording Partners: adcogov.org/e-recording.