Adams County buildings - including the Government Center, Human Services Center, and Motor Vehicle locations - are now open Tuesday-Friday, 7 a.m.- 5:30 p.m. Some departments are open by appointment only. Find modified office hours here.
Adams County is now under Public Health Order 20-28 Safer at Home and in the Vast, Great Outdoors until further notice. For more information, visit the Tri-County Health Department site at


PassportImportant Notice

Due to concerns of COVID-19, passport appointments are currently unavailable.

The Adams County Recording Office can accept passport applications on behalf of the U.S Department of State for any U.S. citizen. Our office is a passport acceptance facility only. We do not print passports and cannot accept renewals.

Schedule Passport Appointment

Adams County Recording Office accepts applications by appointment only Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m., at the Adams County Government Center:

4430 S. Adams County Pkwy., Suite E2400
Brighton, CO 80601

If you have questions about passports while appointments are unavailable, please call our office at 720.523.6020.

Please be aware each person in your party needs a separate appointment. 

What to bring

Prior to your appointment, please complete the forms online for each applicant. Please do not sign the application. Printed applications must be filled out with black ink.

Are any of the applicants minors? Children under the age of 16 are not eligible to renew their passport; they have to apply for a new passport.

Other items needed to process your passport application include: a photograph of the applicant (Adams County offers passport photography services onsite for a fee of $10), proof of citizenship, proof of parental relationship (if the applicant is 16 or under), and photo identification--you will also need a copy, both front and back, of your photo ID.


The processing fee is $35. The Recording Department accepts all forms of payment. Checks should be made out to Adams County Clerk and Recorder.

For the passport fee, please make check(s) or money order(s) payable to "Department of State" for the application fee for each application.

Still have questions? See our FAQ page.