NEW: Adams County SWMP template has been updated to incorporate the latest CDPHE Stormwater Discharge Permit requirements to meet the 4/1/2019 deadline.
NEW: Stormwater Quality Permit fees have been adopted by the Board of County Commissioners and they are effective as of Jan. 1, 2018. Permit issuance: $300, Renewal/Transfer:$100. Permit fees double for projects starting without permit coverage.
NEW: Revisions to Chapter 9 of the Adams County Development Standards and Regulations were adopted on Aug. 15, 2017. The MS4 boundary has been expanded based on the 2010 Census data, and minimum water quality treatment standards were adopted under Section 9-04-05.
For a copy of the revised chapter visit: http://www.adcogov.org/development-standards-regulations
Construction within unincorporated Adams County MS4 permitted area
Construction activities disturbing 1 or more acres within the 2018 MS4 Permitted Area require an Adams County’s Stormwater Quality (SWQ) Permit. This permit also applies for projects disturbing less than 1 acre which belong to a larger construction development per Adams County Development Standards and Regulations.
The intent of the SWQ permit is to ensure that developers and builders are in compliance with state and federal stormwater regulations for construction activities. The county's goal is to provide compliance assistance and aid in preventing the potential for State and EPA enforcement fines due to violations of stormwater regulations governing construction site operators.
Failure to obtain a SWQ permit for applicable projects will result in delays in the issuance of grading, right of way and/or building permit. Developers and builders should therefore plan ahead when preparing to apply for construction permits that may require an associated SWQ permit.
SWQ Permit Application:
- Stormwater Quality (SWQ) Permit Application & Requirements
- Erosion and Sediment Control Plan - required template (known as SWMP)
- BMP Cost Opinion Worksheet (SWQ permit surety calculation)
- Erosion Control Standard Notes
- Surety - Letter of Credit for Site Improvement
- Surety - Letter of Credit for Subdivision Improvement
- Surety - Bond
SWQ Permit Close-Out:
- Stormwater Quality Permit Close-Out Process Checklist
- Request for Release of Surety Form
- Construction Site Stabilization Certification
Other Related Documents:
- Do I need Adams County Stormwater Quality Permit, State Permit or both?
- Adams County MS4 Permitted Area Map 2019
- Development Standards and Regulations - Chapter 9 (See 9-02 for Stormwater Quality Regs.)
- CDPHE Stormwater Discharge Permit for Construction Activities
- Brochure for Small Construction Sites
- Urban Lot - Construction BMP Poster
- Rural Lot - Construction BMP Poster
Contact us at 720.523.6400 or to submit your application electronically, send to firstname.lastname@example.org.