County Introduces Restaurant Stability Program
As part of its COVID-19 emergency response and recovery strategy, Adams County has developed a new Restaurant Stability Program to support local businesses impacted by indoor dining capacity restrictions. Federal funding for this program comes from the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act passed by Congress.
The county’s Restaurant Stability Program offers a one-time $10,000 grant to businesses that can demonstrate substantial loss due to the reduction and elimination of indoor dining. Businesses can apply for a grant starting at noon on Wednesday, Dec. 9, at adamscountycovid19.org/restaurant-stability-program.
“While the new public health restrictions are necessary to combat the recent increase in COVID-19 cases, they do put another hardship on our local restaurants, their owners, and their employees,” said Emma Pinter, Board of County Commissioners chair. “Our hope with this program is that Adams County can provide some financial relief in this time of need.”
Guidelines to receive a grant are:
- Restaurant must be located within the borders of Adams County.
- Restaurant must demonstrate how reduction or elimination of indoor dining has negatively affected the business model.
- Restaurant must not have a drive-thru.
- Restaurant must have been in public operation prior to Dec. 1, 2020.
- All business owners, regardless of multiple locations, are only eligible for one grant.
- Grants cannot be used to pay off existing long-term debt or equity payments to business partners except rent or mortgage of physical location.
- Businesses cannot be in default or be actively planning default at the time of application.
- Funds must be used for expenses directly related to business operations.
- Business may be required to provide proof-of-fund usage.
For more information on this program, including information in Spanish and other languages, visit the Business Support section of the Adams County COVID-19 Response & Recovery website or contact EconomicDevelopment@adcogov.org.