- You must live in unincorporated Adams County, the City of Brighton, or the City of Federal Heights
- You must own and live in your home
- You must be current with your mortgage payments and taxes
- You must meet established HUD income guidelines
- The home must be a single-family residence
- If a mobile home, it must have a HUD manufacturer certification label (manufactured on or after June 15, 1976)
- Applicant must own the home
- Applicant’s name must be on the Deed of Trust
- Home must be applicant’s primary residence
- The applicant’s annual household income may not exceed amounts shown in the following chart as determined by the Department of Housing and Urban Development
Annual Gross Income cannot exceed the following amounts:
|Family Size||Income Limit*|
|*Income limits are subject to change, as published annually by HUD.|
Essential repairs are ranked in accordance with program requirements, with top priority given to those items needed to establish a safe, sanitary, accessible, and energy efficiency. Repairs must be necessary for health and safety.
Remodeling projects are not eligible.
- Ensure you have met all eligibility requirements listed above. Then, contact the Minor Home Repair Program at (720) 523-6200 and talk with staff to determine your initial eligibility and have an application sent to you.
- Fill out application.
- Attach copies - not originals - of the following supporting documentation for each adult living in the household:
- Income tax forms with the the most current full tax return (signed and dated)1
- Paycheck stubs with YTD information for two months (SSDI, SSI, Disability, Unemployment, etc.)
- All Social Security Declaration and Pension forms
- Three consecutive months of Bank Statements
- Property Tax information2
- Property Insurance Statement with Expiration Date
- Mortgage Payment Statement3
1 If you do not file taxes due to fixed income, write, sign, and date a short letter to that effect.
2 If there is someone listed on the deed that does not live in the home, a short letter must be written, signed, and dated by that person stating their consent to repairs being done on the house.
3 If property is paid off in full, write, sign, and date a short letter to that effect.
- Return completed application with supporting documentation by mail or in-person to:
Adams County Community Development
4430 S. Adams County Pkwy.
Brighton, CO 80601-8205
- You will be contacted once we have reviewed your application. At this time, you will be notified if you have qualified for MHR assistance.
How the Program Works
- Once your application is accepted and it is determined that you are eligible, a representative of Adams County Community Development will conduct an on-site visit to determine essential repairs needed.
- A description of work and cost estimate is prepared and released for a competitive bid to approved and licensed local contractors.
- A qualified contractor will be selected to complete the work on the home.
- All work will be inspected for completeness and compliance with local building codes and permits.