Any unused or leftover chemical product in your home such as cleaners, paints, thinners, and pesticides can be a potential danger to you, your family, and the environment. Household hazardous waste is usually labeled DANGER, WARNING, TOXIC, CAUTION, POISON, FLAMMABLE, CORROSIVE, or REACTIVE. Protect you and your family's health, help us keep our water clean and reduce pollution.
- DON'T POUR IT DOWN A SINK DRAIN. Some household hazardous waste can bypass the Wastewater Treatment Plant unchanged, polluting water downstream.
- DON'T POUR IT INTO DITCHES, STORM DRAINS, OR GUTTERS. Household hazardous waste will travel directly to waterways polluting ponds, lakes, and rivers.
- DON'T BURN IT. You risk producing poisonous fumes, contributing to air pollution or causing an explosion.
- DON'T DUMP IT OR BURY IT. They may leach through the soil and contaminate groundwater.
2019 Adams County Paint Recycling Events
Saturday, April 27, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., Thornton IMC, 12450 Washington St., Thornton
- Free Event
- Businesses that generate less than 220 pounds (about 20-30 gallons) of hazardous waste per month may bring any amount of latex or oil-based paint.
- Businesses that generate more than 220 pounds (about 20-30 gallons) of hazardous waste per month may bring any amount of latex, but cannot bring oil-based paint.
Year-Round Household Chemical Collection
- Household hazardous waste collection is available to Adams County residents year-round by appointment only. Call 303.526.8155 to schedule an appointment.
- Appointments available on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Location is the Veolia Colorado Recycling Center, 9131 E. 96th Ave., Henderson.
- Fees may apply.