From the Assessor’s Desk
Senior/Veteran Exemption Applications
We are now accepting applications for the Senior Exemption/Disabled Exemption for the 2020 tax year.
The application must be filed no later than July 1 (Disabled Veteran Exemption)/July 15 (Senior Exemption).
The Senior Citizen Exemption is available to applicants who:
- are at least 65 years of age prior to January 1 of the year of application,
- owned their home for at least 10 consecutive years prior to January 1, and
- occupied it as their primary residence for at least 10 consecutive years prior to January 1.
The Disabled Veteran Exemption is available to property owners who:
- sustained a service-connected disability while serving on active duty in the Armed Forces of the United States,
- were honorably discharged, and
- were rated by the United States Department of Veteran Affairs as one hundred percent "permanent and total" disabled. VA unemployability awards do not meet the requirement for determining an applicant's eligibility.
- owned and occupied the property since January 1 of the current year.
Notices of Value 2019
Colorado state statutes require county assessors to revalue all Real Property every two years, on the odd number year (2019).
Adams County experienced significant increases in the overall value for all residential property, reflecting the strong economic conditions across the county.
Property owners should receive their Notice of Valuation the first week in May.
A taxpayer may choose to appeal the decision of the Assessor's Office concerning the value or classification of their property for the current year.
If you would like to appeal your value and/or classification or review your Notice of Value (NOV) please click here.
The appeal period for 2019 is from May 1st to June 3rd.
Notice of Determinations
Notice of Determinations were mailed as of Aug. 15, 2019.
If you agree with the Assessor’s Decision, then no further action is required. If you disagree with the decision you then have 30 days to mail a copy of the completed form you received in the mail to:
ADAMS COUNTY BOARD OF EQUALIZATION
4430 South Adams County Pkwy C5000A
Brighton, CO 80601
All forms must be postmarked by Sept. 16, 2019, in order to reserve your right to appeal.
You will then receive a notice of a time and date of a hearing to the Board of Equalization.
All hearings will be heard between Sept. 1 through Nov. 1.
If you are dissatisfied with the decision of the County Board of Equalization you may then continue your appeal to ONE of following:
Board of Assessment of Appeals
For a list of Arbitrators, contact the County Commissioners at the address listed for the County Board of Equalization.
For additional instructions click the link below:
Public Data Now Available for Download
The Assessor's Office is pleased to announce that our public data is now available for download on our website.