From the Assessor’s Desk
For the health and safety of our community and staff, the Adams County Assessor's Office is closed to the public through April 19 and should reopen April 20, 2020.
As an alternative to visiting our office, please practice social distancing and use our email or phone options. Several of our services are also available here, on our website.
Thank you for understanding.
Senior/Veteran Exemption Applications
Applications for Senior Exemptions and Disabled Exemptions, for the 2020 tax year, are now being accepted.
The application must be filed no later than July 1 (Disabled Veteran Exemption)/July 15 (Senior Exemption).
The Senior Citizen Exemption is available to applicants who:
- are at least 65 years of age prior to January 1 of the year of application,
- owned their home for at least 10 consecutive years prior to January 1, and
- occupied it as their primary residence for at least 10 consecutive years prior to January 1.
- The Senior Exemption must be filed no later than July 15.
The Disabled Veteran Exemption is available to property owners who:
- sustained a service-connected disability while serving on active duty in the Armed Forces of the United States,
- were honorably discharged, and
- were rated by the United States Department of Veteran Affairs as one hundred percent "permanent and total" disabled. VA unemployability awards do not meet the requirement for determining an applicant's eligibility.
- owned and occupied the property since January 1 of the current year.
- The Disabled Veteran Exemption must be filed no later than July 1.
Public Data is Available for Download
Public data, from the Assessor’s database, is updated weekly. The data is broken out into three (3) tables and can be linked by PARCELNB: