Upcoming 2021-2022 School Year
Adams County Head Start returns to full in-person learning for the 2021-2022 school year with Monday through Thursday classes as well as an option for Monday through Friday classes for those families with the need.
Adams County Head Start is following the Tri-County Health Department Public Health Order, revised on August 25, 2021, requiring all individuals aged 2 years through 11 years of age in all child care and school settings and all individuals 2 years of age and older, regardless of vaccination status, while indoors at any child care or school setting where 2-11 year old children may be present. This requirement applies to all students, staff, teachers, parents, and visitors.
If you are looking for clinics to receive a COVID-19 vaccination, please click here, or call the Tri-County Vaccine Call Center at 1.877.462.2911. Vaccines are now available for the general public 12 years and older. You can sign up for multiple sites at one time in order to place your name on a waiting list.
If you have been exposed to someone who was COVID-19, have COVID-like symptoms, or need to test for any reason, click here to see available sites continuing to provide free COVID-19 tests.
New COVID guidelines for families for the 2021-2022 school year:
Parents are encouraged to make sure their children come to school when they are healthy and well and have not had any contact with anyone is COVID (+) or who is currently waiting for COVID testing results. Please do not bring your children to school if they are experiencing any symptoms of COVID, or are showing any signs of becoming sick. Please click the following to help you decide if your child is ready to attend school healthy and well every day your child comes to school:
Application for Enrollment for the 2021-2022 School Year
If you are interested in enrolling your child in our program for the 2021-2022 school year, complete a pre-application here. If you have any questions, please reach out to Nicole Kinney, Family Services Manager, at 720.523.4620. Once your application has been processed, we will place you on our waitlist and contact you once your child’s name comes up on the list.
Please schedule all child well checks and necessary immunization appointments before starting Head Start. Visit this website for guidance on well child checks and immunizations.
Please remember that when your child enrolls in school, physical exams (including lead and anemia screening), immunizations, and dental exams must be current, or at least scheduled within the month of your child entering school.
If you have any questions at all, please call Leslie Oliver, RN, RDN, Health and Nutrition Manager, at 781.460.8360.
You can see if you qualify by applying directly on their website. Please see directions on how to apply below.
- You can apply any time of the year.
- Don’t assume you don't qualify -- there are different eligibility categories for different situations.
- Anyone can apply online at Colorado.gov/PEAK or by phone at 1.800.221.3943 (press "1" for phone applications).
- Want to learn more? Check out our enrollment info.
Resources for Families
- Free Summer Meals for Youth Ages 1-18 - If your family has a child 1-18 years of age, find information on locations to pick up summer lunches within Adams County.
- Hunger Free Colorado provides a comprehensive list of food resources
- Kids Food Finder - Summer meal distribution for all families with youth 18 and under can text “food” or “comida” to 877-877 or visit KidsFoodFinder.org for a location near you.
- Tri-County Health Department - COVID Resources
- The Colorado Food Cluster will deliver free meals directly to your home for children 3-18 years old. These meals will be provided in boxes with enough dinners and snacks for seven days for each child in your household.