Responsibilities & Service
The responsibilities of the Budget Department include:
- Administering sales tax
- Analyzing budget variances
- Collecting mill levies for all taxing districts in the county for certification
- Compiling information in preparation of the county's Capital Improvement Plan
- Conducting special analysis and studies as requested by the Board of County Commissioners
- Ensuring compliance with Colorado budget laws and revenue and spending limitations
- Forecasting revenues and expenditures
- Preparing the county's annual budget
- Providing clear and complete information to the public regarding each year's budget
- Providing financial information to the county manager, directors, elected officials and commissioners
COVID-19 Allocations and Expenses
Adams County received CARES Act funding to assist with COVID-19 response and recovery efforts. View how the county is using these funds.
Adams County is using OpenGov’s open data portal to share data on the county budget to further increase its effectiveness and accountability with the community and government officials. The portal is available at adamscountyco.opengov.com.
Interactive Budget Tool
Balancing Act is a fun and easy way to learn about public budgets and the choices elected officials face in the budgeting process. It allows participants to allocate Adams County funds — expressing their priorities and preferences — but also requires them to balance spending and revenue. Try it out!