Senior/Veteran Exemption Applications
Applications for Senior Exemptions and Disabled Exemptions for the 2022 tax year will be accepted after Jan. 1, 2022.
The application must be filed no later than July 1 (Disabled Veteran Exemption) or July 15 (Senior Exemption).
The Senior Citizen Exemption is available to applicants who:
- are at least 65 years of age prior to Jan. 1 of the year of application,
- owned their home for at least 10 consecutive years prior to Jan. 1, and
- occupied it as their primary residence for at least 10 consecutive years prior to Jan. 1.
- The Senior Exemption must be filed no later than July 15.
The Disabled Veteran Exemption is available to property owners who meet each of the following requirements:
- A one hundred percent permanent disability through disability retirement benefits pursuant to a law or regulation administered by the department, the United States Department of Homeland Security, or the Department of the Army, Navy or Air Force.
- The veteran sustained a service-connected disability while serving on active duty in the Armed Forces of the United States. This includes members of the National Guard and Reserves who sustained their injury during a period in which they were called to active duty.
- The veteran was honorably discharged.
- The federal Department of Veterans Affairs has rated the veteran’s service-connected disability as one hundred percent permanent disability through disability retirement benefits pursuant to a law or regulation administered by the department, the US Department of Homeland Security, or the Department of the Army, Navy, or Air Force.
- The veteran has owned and occupied the property since January 1 of the current year.
- The Disabled Veteran Exemption form must be filed no later than July 1, with the Division of Veterans Affairs.
Public Data is Available for Download
Public data, from the Assessor’s database, is updated weekly. The data is broken out into three (3) tables and can be linked by PARCELNB:
- Property Improvements
- Property Sales
- Property Values Notices of Value
Available GIS layers:
- Parcels with ownership information
- Parcel Linework
- Building Footprints
- Mobile Home Parks
Link: Downloadable GIS Data
We also offer a 'Detailed Property Records Data Dump' broken out into two (2) files (Admin and Appraisal) in a text file format. This dataset is updated twice a year (December and May). For more information about available tables and their fields, please follow the link: Assessor's Data Dump
All real property ownership data, including photos and sketches, is searchable and available to the public on the GIS Interactive Mapping page.
If you have specific questions about the data, please contact the Assessor’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org