Developers & Builders Operating within unincorporated Adams County MS4 permitted area
Per Adams County Development Standards and Regulations; all developers and builders within unincorporated Adams County Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permitted area are required to obtain an Adams County Stormwater Quality (SWQ) Permit for land disturbance activities equal to or greater than one acre, or for land disturbance activities less than one acre that are part of a larger common development.
The intent of the SWQ permit is to ensure that developers and builders are in compliance with state and federal stormwater regulations for construction activities. The county's goal is to provide compliance assistance and aid in preventing the potential for State and EPA enforcement fines due to violations of stormwater regulations governing construction site operators.
Failure to obtain a SWQ permit for applicable projects will result in delays in the issuance of grading, right of way and/or building permit. Developers and builders should therefore plan ahead when preparing to apply for construction permits that may require an associated SWQ permit.
SWQ Permit Application:
- Stormwater Quality (SWQ) Permit Application & Requirements
- Erosion and Sediment Control Plan - required template Rev. 4/5/12 (known as SWMP)
- BMP Cost Opinion Worksheet (SWQ permit surety calculation)
SWQ Permit Close-Out:
- Stormwater Quality Permit Close-Out Process Checklist
- Request for Release of Surety Form
- Construction Site Stabilization Certification
Other Related Documents:
- Do I need Adams County Stormwater Quality Permit, State Permit or both?
- Adams County MS4 Permitted Area Map (2015)
- Development Standards and Regulations - Chapter 9 (See 9-02 for Stormwater Quality Regs.)
- Stormwater Regulation Guide (updated 4/5/12)
- CDPHE Stormwater Discharge Permit for Construction Activities
- Brochure for Small Construction Sites
Contact us at 720.523.6400 or to submit your application electronically, send to firstname.lastname@example.org.