Proclamations are issued by the Board of County Commissioners to honor and celebrate events, recognize achievements, or increase public awareness of noteworthy causes. Anyone may make a request; however, proclamations must have a direct relationship to Adams County citizens, events, achievements, services, or noteworthy cause. Requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis and are honored at the Board of County Commissioners discretion and subject to the guidelines of this policy. Adams County reserves the right to decline any proclamation request or edit any draft language. Email your name, phone number, address, the title of and drafted language for the proclamation, with the date needed to Erica Hannah
Proclamations are strictly ceremonial. These documents are not legally binding and should not be interpreted as a policy endorsement. Requests should be received four to six weeks prior to the requested date and may be rejected if they are not received sooner.
What are the criteria for a proclamation request?
- Proclamations must hold statewide significance or serve an educational purpose for a significant number of Adams County citizens;
- Proclamations may recognize a day, week or month;
- Proclamations for the benefit of specific for-profit organizations, policy organizations, businesses or individuals will not be issued;
- Requests must be made on an annual basis. Proclamations will not be automatically renewed;
- Multiple requests from the same organization may not be honored in the same calendar year;
- Requests that are similar to proclamations that have already been issued may be denied;
Proclamations will not be issued for:
- Individual Birthdays
- Weddings/Wedding Anniversaries
- Church Anniversaries
- Deceased Persons
- Personal political or business endorsement of the individual or for-profit business
- Family/Class Reunions
- Groundbreakings/Business Openings
Email your name, phone number, address, the title of and drafted language for the proclamation, with the date needed to Erica Hannah, Clerk to the Board of County Commissioners
Please contact Erica Hannah, Clerk to the Board of County Commissioners, at 720.523.6358 or Erica Hannah for all inquiries regarding Proclamations for the Board of County Commissioner meetings.