Enrollment for the 2020-2021 School Year
If you are interested in enrolling your child in our program for the 2020-2021 school year please complete the Head Start Preliminary Application here. If you have any questions about enrollment, please email Art Yanez. Once your application has been processed, we will get you on our waitlist and contact you once your child’s name comes up on the list.
Please schedule all child well checks and necessary immunization appointments this summer before starting Head Start. Visit this website for guidance on well child checks and immunizations.
Please remember that when your child returns to school in August, physical exams (including lead and anemia screening), immunizations, and dental exams must be current, or at least scheduled within the month of August.
If you have any questions at all, please call Jamie Rodriguez, Health Specialist, at 720.385.8671.
You can see if you qualify by applying directly on their website. Please see directions on how to apply below.
- You can apply any time of the year.
- Don’t assume you don't qualify -- there are different eligibility categories for different situations.
- Anyone can apply online at Colorado.gov/PEAK or by phone at 1.800.221.3943 (press "1" for phone applications).
- Want to learn more? Check out our enrollment info.
USDA Meals for Kids Site Finder
Children can receive meals through both the CACFP and Summer Meals program as long as they are not the same meals. Children who get served breakfast, snack, and supper while at their CACFP provider site can also get lunch from the SFSP.
To find service areas, type your location or address into the interactive map to find directions to nearby sites as well as hours of operation and contact information.
Resources for Families During COVID19
Each household with an eligible child can receive an amount of $5.70 per child per school day on a Colorado EBT card that will provide extra food benefits to create healthy, wholesome meal options for kids. P-EBT benefits will be issued to households as a one-time payment reflecting the days that children would have been in school but were not in March, April, and May due to COVID-19. Please visit this website to learn more.
- Resources for how to talk to your children about COVID19
- Nutrition Resources during school closures due to COVID19:
Follow this link to find district schools offering free meal pick-ups:
- Tri-County Health Department has set up a hotline to address questions about the Stay at Home order.
- The telephone number is: 303.220.9200
- STRIDE is conducting COVID-19 testing.
- FREE Audible stories for ALL AGES!!
- Transportation services available
- Hunger Free Colorado provides a comprehensive list of food resources
- Free Internet Resource