Adams County buildings - including the Government Center, Human Services Center, and Motor Vehicle locations - are now open Tuesday-Friday, 7 a.m.- 5:30 p.m. Some departments are open by appointment only. Find modified office hours here.
Adams County is now under Public Health Order 20-28 Safer at Home and in the Vast, Great Outdoors until further notice. For more information, visit the Tri-County Health Department site at

Do I have to go to court to get a child support order?

It may be necessary to go to court. The Child Support Enforcement (CSE) technician has the ability to negotiate a child support order at our office through an administrative process. This is the first method of choice. If an agreement cannot be reached, the CSE technician will refer the case for a court hearing.