The Adams County Board of Commissioners adopted the Development Standards and Regulations to guide development and protect and promote the public health, safety, and general welfare of the county.
These Development Standards and Regulations are regularly updated to reflect the goals of the Comprehensive Plan, to ensure that they adhere to current case law, and to comply with updated State and Federal regulations.
2021 Text Amendments - Sign Code Phase 4
Presentation from Aug. 10, 2021:
Sign Code Discussion Points
- On-Premise/Off-Premise Distinction
- Updated Review Timeline
- Large Sign/Billboard Conditional Use
We have hosted the following virtual public outreach meetings.
- 1st virtual meeting (Sign Code – Stakeholder) - Tuesday, Aug. 10, 2021, 3-4 p.m.
- 3rd virtual meeting (Sign Code – Public) – Tuesday, Aug. 10, 2021, 5-6 p.m.
To view the draft language of the proposed amendments, click on the link below. Comments may be e-mailed to Nick Eagleson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 Text Amendments - Outdoor Storage
During the Phase 3 Text Amendments, staff was asked to take a closer look at the proposed outdoor storage regulations that would limit the permitted outdoor storage in the Industrial-2 (I-2) and Industrial-3 (I-3) zone districts, as well as create a new, clearer definition for outdoor storage.
- Process Timeline:
- Tuesdays in November (5-7 p.m.): Office Hours to provide assistance to industrial property owners and businesses (property status, permitting, compliance)
- Tuesday, November 16 (6-7 p.m.): Stakeholder Engagement Forum Powerpoint Presentation
- Thursday, January 13, 2022: Study Session with Planning Commission
- Thursday, January 27, 2022: Planning Commission Public Hearing
- Tuesday, February 15, 2022: BoCC Public Hearing
- Draft regulations will be released around December 1, 2021.
- Industrial Stakeholder Forum Powerpoint Presentation
View the draft documents:
- Chapter 3 - Text Amendment Draft
- Chapter 4 - Text Amendment Draft
- Chapter 11 - Text Amendment Draft
If you have comments or questions, please contact Layla Bajelan.