The Adams County Board of Commissioners adopted the Development Standards and Regulations to guide development and protect and promote the public health, safety, and general welfare of the county.
These Development Standards and Regulations are regularly updated to reflect the goals of the Comprehensive Plan, to ensure that they adhere to current caselaw, and to comply with updated State and Federal regulations.
2020 Text Amendments - Phase 2 (Ongoing)
The second phase of text amendments will include (but are not limited to) updates to the following topics:
- Procedural and Submittal changes for the creation of Special Districts,
- Regulations regarding short-term rentals,
- Engineering requirements,
- Modified minimum lot size for Residential-2 zone districts,
- Changes to the Use Table,
- Performance standards for RV and Boat storage
These amendments are tracked to be heard before the Planning Commission in November 2020 and the Board of County Commissioners in December 2020.
Virtual meetings will be held to discuss these amendments were held on September 1st, September 3rd, and September 8th:
Click here to view the staff presentation from the public outreach session to learn more about the proposed amendments.
At the present time, staff is drafting language for the code amendments. The public comment period is expected to begin around October 7th. For more information on this process, please e-mail email@example.com. To be added to our notification list for when the public comment period begins, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 Text Amendments - Marijuana Hospitality (Adopted July 28, 2020)
Adams County new regulations for marijuana hospitality establishments. For more information on these changes, please e-mail email@example.com.
2020 Text Amendments - Phase 1 (Adopted June 23, 2020)
The first phase of text amendments included updates to the following topics:
- Setback Adjustments for the Public Lands Zone District
- Prohibition of Accessory Dwelling Units from being individually platted as a condominium
- Modification of the definition of Inert Fill
- Minor Modification of Sign Regulations
- Assorted changes to the Table of Permitted Uses
- Commercial greenhouses
- Day care centers and homes
- Fertilizer manufacturing