As part of its COVID-19 emergency response and recovery strategy, Adams County has transitioned to a four-day operational schedule. Most county buildings will be open Tuesday-Friday, 7 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Temperature will be taken before entering.
- Masks are required in all Adams County buildings.
- Keep six feet of distance between yourself and others.
For a list of resources available for food, housing, childcare, healthcare, seniors, employment, and more during the pandemic, please visit our new site at adamscountycovid19.org.
Animal Management will be providing regular service to the community. To report a pet-animal complaint, please contact the Adams County Communications Center (ADCOM) at 303.288.1535. If you need to speak directly with an Animal Management officer, you can leave a message with the dispatcher at the Adams County Communications Center (ADCOM) at 303.288.1535 and the officer will return your call.
The Adams County Animal Shelter/Adoption Center is continuing to provide limited, essential services for community pets and their families through a non-contact process. These services, which are offered daily and by appointment only, include lost and found, surrender, and end-of-life services; and now, virtual adoptions. Please remember that you must schedule an appointment for these services by emailing our customer care team or calling 720.523.PETS. Please check our website for more information.
The Assessor’s Office will be open to walk-ins Tuesday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. All services will be provided.
The Board of County Commissioners is working from home on response/recovery support on task forces, and its members are available by phone or email. Visit the Board's website to get contact information for its members.
The Board is conducting public hearings and study sessions through Zoom on Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m. The Board's website has Zoom access information and contact information if you have questions or difficulty accessing the hearings.
The Budget staff is continuing to work remotely with approximately 10% of the staff working in the office on projects and large databases. Remaining staff are working remotely, supporting all other budget operations.
10% of the Finance staff is working in office supporting billing/payments/payroll. Remaining staff is working remotely to support operations. Human Services Finance employees are also at 10% office capacity to process payments to assist our most vulnerable residents. Remaining staff is working remotely.
As of Tuesday, July 7, the Elections Department's operating hours have changed to match the county’s new four-day work week.
Motor Vehicle offices are closed to the public until further notice. Effective Tuesday, Dec. 8, the Motor Vehicle Department and Offices Call Center will be open 7 a.m. - 1 p.m. at 720.523.6010.
All Motor Vehicle transactions can be completed online at http://myDMV.colorado.gov or over the phone at 720.523.6010. Companies and dealers are limited to one transaction per appointment but have the option to schedule a 10-minute, drop-off appointment.
Adams County Recording Department will be closed to the public starting Tuesday, Dec. 1, until further notice. Please check the recording webpage regularly for updated information.
Code Compliance will continue to provide regular service to the community. To report a code compliance issue, please report your concern online through SeeClickFix, by contacting Code Compliance at 720.523.6606, or by sending an email to CSWB@adcogov.org. Please note that all written correspondence is part of the public record and subject to the Colorado Open Records Act. Code Compliance will continue respond to your phone calls and/or messages between the hours of 7:30 am to 5:30 pm, Tuesday through Friday. If you need to speak directly with a Code Compliance officer, please leave a message at 720.523.6606, indicating the code officer’s name, your contact information, and the associated property information, and the individual officer will return your call.
Airport operations remain open. Full service fuel operations available from 7 a.m.-5 p.m. daily. 100LL Self-Serve is available 24/7. Services outside operating hours are available by appointment (fees may apply). The terminal is currently closed, including food service. For more information, visit coloradoairandspaceport.com.
Community & Economic Development staff will be working remotely during the December building closure and providing all services.
Email email@example.com if you need help with the following:
- Assistance with the E-Permit Center or your E-Permit Center account
- Questions regarding submittal items for applications or resubmittals
- Submitting items for a new application or a resubmittal
Please direct all inquiries to the appropriate email address below.
- Building Safety: Adams County Building Safety Division will transition to a 4-10 schedule for building inspections. Building inspection scheduling will be available Tuesday-Friday, and inspection hours will be 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Electrical inspections will continue to be offered Monday-Friday and inspections will be performed between 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Planning & Zoning
- E-Permit Center
- CORA requests: Forms and contact information can be found at https://www.adcogov.org/colorado-open-records-act-cora.
More information about how to submit land use cases and building inspection information can be found on our E-Permit Center website.
The status of your building permit can be found by logging into your E-Permit Center account. Click on the permit number and then click on processing status. If you have any questions, please contact the One Stop Customer Center via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find other information on our website.
Community Safety & Well-Being will maintain standard operations unless otherwise identified in the individual service areas such as Emergency Management, Code Compliance, or Animal Management.
Up to two attorneys working on site on child support at the Government Center in Brighton, and up to six are at the Human Services Center in Westminster working on child welfare. Remaining staff is working from home and supporting all operations.
The District Attorney's Office will have a receptionist available from 8 a.m.-noon, Monday-Friday until further notice. At this time, and until further notice, subpoenas have NOT been cancelled or suspended. Courts remain open and operating as necessary. Additional information can be found:
75% of Facilities staff is working on site supporting maintenance, cleaning/sanitizing buildings in use. Fleet employees are working rotating schedules in support of customer needs, mainly Public Works support. Dock/courier services are operating. The department is working with the Transition Committee to determine needs once the county transitions back to open status.
The Human Services Center will be closed on Mondays and open to the public Tuesday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Staff will work remotely on Mondays.
Effective March 2, Lobby Hours will be 7 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
12% of staff working in office with the rest working from home to support all operations.
To ensure the safety of our community and staff, playgrounds and other amenities such as vault restrooms, basketball courts, volleyball courts and horseshoe pits at Adams County parks, including City View Park, Rotella Park, Twin Lakes Park, and Riverdale Regional Park, are closed. Residents may still play disc golf, fish in lakes where fishing is not prohibited and enjoy walking paths, trails, and open spaces in Adams County, and we recommend continuing to practice social distancing of at least six feet from others while you recreate. Portable restrooms have been provided in place of the closed vault restrooms. Riverdale Golf Course remains open with modified play rules - please visit the website for complete information.
65% of staff is working in the field with staggered start times in order to promote social distancing. The field staff continues to work out of the shop bays avoiding their office environment and common areas such as kitchens and break rooms. They are providing maintenance to county parks and facilities, with critical projects continuing. Events planned through July are canceled, and staff is monitoring other events planned for later in the summer as the situation continues to develop. 4H/special events/CSU Extension services continue to work remotely. Parks administration is staffing the front desk of the Parks Administration building Tuesday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Other admin, events and support staff continue to work from home.
17% of staff is working in office to support benefits, new hires, and payroll support. Remaining staff is working from home to support all operations. We continue to hire and onboard new employees on a limited but weekly schedule at the Government Center with orientation occurring virtually.
In order to support limited occupancy in our County buildings, the majority of the Public Works team will continue to work remotely or in the field as our facilities begin to re-open. Please do not hesitate to contact our team members by telephone or e-mail with your inquiries. We will be happy to return telephone calls or schedule online meetings as needed.
- Public Inquiries (Telephone: 720.523.6875): Monday-Friday; 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Public Inquiries (E-Mail: PublicWorks@adcogov.org): Any Time
- Government Center Staffing (Limited In-Person Presence Starting in June): Tuesday-Friday; 7 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Capital Improvement Programs Division – Engineering & Right-of-Way Teams
- Infrastructure & Stormwater Division – Construction Inspection & Stormwater Inspection Teams
- Public Works Field Operations Division (Summer): Monday-Friday; 6 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Public Works Field Operations Division (Winter): Monday-Friday; 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Our Field Operations Division performs street maintenance operations including road/traffic maintenance, street sweeping, snow removal, and other tasks related to the safety of our public roads.
Retirement Office hours are Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. -4 p.m. County buildings are closed in the month of December, and staff will be working from home during that time.
Starting Monday, June 29, Adams County Sheriff’s Office Headquarters will be located at the Adams County Government Center, 4430 S. Adams County Pkwy., Brighton. On Monday’s, the public can access the building by appointment only. Normal business hours will be Tuesday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Following increased concerns about the COVID-19 virus, we have taken the following steps to protect staff and community members.
- The Records Unit at the Commerce City substation is open to the public from 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- The Traffic Unit at the Commerce City substation is open to the public from 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- All on-site jail visits are discontinued until further notice.
- The Citizen's Academy for 2020 has been canceled. We are very disappointed that we are currently unable to hold the academy for our community and residents.
- The Adams County Jail's Work Release program has been temporarily suspended. The public can call 303.655.3480 with questions related to Work Release.
The Treasurer's Office will be open to the public, by appointment only, Tuesday-Friday, 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Please call 720.523.6160 to schedule an appointment.
Residents and businesses in Adams County may pay their property taxes to the Treasurer’s Office in many ways:
- Online at adcotax.com
- Over the phone – 720.523.6160, #2
- Hand-deliver to a 24-hour voting ballot box at one of these locations:
- Adams County Government Center – 4430 S. Adams County Pkwy., Brighton
- Aurora Motor Vehicle – 3449 N. Chambers Rd., Aurora
- Commerce City Sheriff’s Substation – 4201 E. 72nd Ave., Commerce City
- Adams County Human Services Center – 11860 Pecos St., Westminster
- Westminster Motor Vehicle – 8452 N. Federal Blvd., Westminster
- Strasburg Sheriff’s Substation – 2550 Strasburg Rd., Strasburg
Governor Jared Polis issued Executive Order D 2020 012 that limits evictions, foreclosures, and public utility disconnections for Coloradans affected by COVID-19.