Government & Legislative Affairs collaborates and advises the county manager, executive management team, Board of County Commissioners, elected officials, and department directors on matters related to regional importance such as federal and state legislation; federal, state and local regulation; homelessness; aviation-related matters; and governmental affairs with the county’s ten cities and towns, Aerotropolis, and surrounding cities and counties while maintaining and promoting the county’s position on a wide variety of public policy considerations.
Services and Principles
- Policy Research: Research regional policy issues and provide background and context to ensure informed decision making. Regional policy issues may include economic development, transportation infrastructure, homelessness, water, aviation management, urban and rural affairs, and other issues.
- Collaboration and Coordination: Broaden information sharing to internal, local, and regional audiences about activities and policy actions in the county and regional collaboration by maintaining and promoting the county’s position on a wide variety of public policy considerations.
- Collective Impact: Success is best achieved through strategic collaborative processes. The Regional Affairs Department convenes and engages in collaborative practices on both a regional and local scale.
- Legislative Advocacy: Aligning county goals with regional initiatives as well as advocating for legislative changes that will benefit the constituents of Adams County is one of core activities this department provides to move the mission and vision of Adams County.
- Commissioner Study Sessions: Provide updated information to county commissioners on both regional and neighborhood level information.
- Constituent Engagement: Coordinate town halls and community pop-up events, support Adams County resident engagement activates, and house resident liaisons who work with constituents.
Welcome to Adams County
Adams County is one of Colorado's fastest growing counties with almost 500,000 residents. Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) projects this number is expected to almost double by 2040. The Regional Affairs Department helps foster a successful future for Adams County. Join the conversation today and help us plan for the future.
- County Demographics
- Regional Information
- Regional Legislative Profile
- 2020 Legislative Priorities
- 2021 Legislative Priorities