Revised Ordinance for Animal Management
The Community and Economic Development department is introducing modified language to update and improve the county's Animal Management ordinance. As with the current policy, and if approved, these modifications will only impact residents in unincorporated Adams County. Residents who live in a municipality should continue to consult the policies in their city or town. These proposed changes will be presented to the Board of County Commissioners during public hearing on November 15 at 9:30 a.m. at the Government Center in Brighton. Residents will have the opportunity to offer comment at this public hearing.
We are making improvements/enhancements to the following areas:
- Revised definition of “Adams County Animal Management” and “Animal Management Officer”
- New definitions of “Barking Dog” and “Altered Dog”
- Revised definition of “Control” and “Pet Animal”
- New ordinance 5-8 Cruelty to Animals Prohibited
- New ordinance 5-11 Barking, Howling, or Other Unreasonable Animal Noise Prohibited
- New ordinance 5-13 Unsafe tethering
Click here to read the complete language of Ordinance No. 6: Pet Animal Licensing and Control.