Level 1 Burn Restriction for Adams County
Due to severe dry conditions, Adams County Sheriff Michael McIntosh has issued a Level 1 Burn Restriction for unincorporated Adams County, east of N. Schumaker Road (NWS Fire Zone 245). This Burn Restriction will remain in effect until such time as this order is formally rescinded or temporary suspended by the Sheriff.
The following acts are prohibited in unincorporated Adams County until further notice:
- Building, maintaining, attending, or using any fire or campfire.
- Persons with a VALID WRITTEN PERMIT from the Fire Chief that specifically authorizes the otherwise prohibited act. Check with appropriate Fire District for permit requirements, if any.
- Any federal, state, or local officer or member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
- Any fires contained within a liquid fuel or gas stove, fireplaces within buildings, and charcoal or propane grill fires at private residences.
- A fire within a permanent constructed fire grate in a developed campground.
- The burning of household trash when contained within a fireproof container sufficiently maintained to prevent escaping flame or burning material from the bottom or sides and screened sufficiently on top to prevent the release of burning material and located in the center of an area at least ten feet (10’) in diameter from which all flammable material has been removed.