Adams County will re-open county buildings - including the Government Center, Human Services Center and Motor Vehicle locations - on Tuesday, June 2, with a four-day schedule. County buildings will have expanded hours – from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. – on Tuesdays through Fridays to serve residents.
Adams County building requirements:
- Temperature will be taken before entering.
- Masks are required in all Adams County buildings.
- Keep six feet of distance between yourself and others.
For a list of resources available for food, housing, childcare, healthcare, seniors, employment, and more during the pandemic, please visit our new site at adamscountycovid19.org.
The Adams County Animal Shelter/Adoption Center is continuing to provide limited, essential services for community pets and their families through a non-contact process. These services, which are offered daily and by appointment only, include lost and found, surrender, and end-of-life services; and now, virtual adoptions. Please remember that you must schedule an appointment for these services by emailing our customer care team or calling 720.523.PETS. Please check our website for more information.
The Assessor’s Office will be open to walk-ins Tuesday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. All services will be provided.
The Board of County Commissioners is working from home on response/recovery support on task forces, and its members are available by phone or email. Visit the Board's website to get contact information for its members.
The Board is conducting public hearings and study sessions through Zoom on Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m. The Board's website has Zoom access information and contact information if you have questions or difficulty accessing the hearings.
The Budget staff is continuing to work remotely with approximately 10% of the staff working in the office on projects and large databases. With budget development underway, this percentage may increase later in 2020. Remaining staff are working remotely, supporting all other budget operations.
15% of the Finance staff is working in office supporting billing/payments/payroll. Remaining staff is working remotely to support operations. Human Services Finance employees are also at 15% office capacity to process payments to assist our most vulnerable residents. Remaining staff is working remotely.
The Elections Department will be open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. for the entire month of June. Walk-ins are welcome. Beginning on Tuesday, July 7, operating hours will change to match the county’s new four-day work week.
The Motor Vehicle Department and Offices will be open, by appointment only, Tuesday-Friday, 7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.* The last appointment for each day will be at 4:30 p.m. You can schedule an appointment online or by calling 720.523.6010.
All Motor Vehicle transactions can be completed online at http://myDMV.colorado.gov or over the phone at 720.523.6010. Companies and dealers are limited to one transaction per appointment but have the option to schedule a 10-minute, drop-off appointment.
*Currently, the Aurora Motor Vehicle Office is closed. All other branches open on Tuesday, June 2.
Beginning Tuesday, June 2, the Recording Department will be open, by appointment only, Tuesday-Thursday, 7 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Appointments are only available for Marriage/Civil Union licenses or large or urgent document recordings. Appointments are available 7:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. You can schedule an appointment online or by calling 720.523.6020.
Code Compliance Officers will investigate all complaints while continuing to be mindful of our residents and the new challenges we face as the result of COVID-19. Please be advised that these efforts will be limited and compliance may be delayed due to certain restrictions and social-distancing guidelines. Please leave a detailed voicemail message for Code Compliance at 720.523.6606.
Airport operations remain open. Full service fuel operations available from 7 a.m.-5 p.m. daily. 100LL Self-Serve is available 24/7. Services outside operating hours are available by appointment (fees may apply). The terminal is currently closed, including food service. For more information, visit coloradoairandspaceport.com.
Community & Economic Development will be be staffing the One Stop counter from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays by appointment only, and working remotely Monday’s and Thursdays. We will switch to the new extended hours schedule the week of June 22nd.
- There will be eight one-hour appointments each day we are open.
- To schedule an appointment please click the SignUpGenius link below.
- You will be required to include your name and email address to schedule an appointment.
- Include the address and/or parcel number as well as a brief description for your visit in the My Comment box to ensure staff is prepared to assist you.
- The day prior to your appointment, you will receive a confirmation email for your appointment that will include instructions for how to proceed when you arrive at the Government Center.
- All visitors to the Government Center will be required to wear a mask and have their temperature taken as they enter the building
If you need assistance scheduling an appointment, please call 720.523.6823.
NEW! Beginning Tuesday, June 23, 2020, Adams County Building Safety Division will transition to a 4-10 schedule for building inspections. Building inspection scheduling will be available Tuesday-Friday, and inspection hours will be 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Electrical inspections will continue to be offered Monday-Friday and inspections will be performed between 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Community Safety & Well-Being will maintain standard operations unless otherwise identified in the individual service areas such as Emergency Management, Code Compliance, or Animal Management.
Up to two attorneys working on site on child support at the Government Center in Brighton, and up to six are at the Human Services Center in Westminster working on child welfare. Remaining staff is working from home and supporting all operations.
The District Attorney's Office will have a receptionist available from 8 a.m.-noon, Monday-Friday until further notice. At this time, and until further notice, subpoenas have NOT been cancelled or suspended. Courts remain open and operating as necessary. Additional information can be found:
The Office of Emergency Management (OEM) will be open Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:304 p.m. On Mondays, staff will be working remotely.
- OEM will respond to emergency calls/page 24/7
- OEM pager is 720.521.2182
75% of Facilities staff is working on site supporting maintenance, cleaning/sanitizing buildings in use. Fleet employees are working rotating schedules in support of customer needs, mainly Public Works support. Dock/courier services are operating. The department is working with the Transition Committee to determine needs once the county transitions back to open status.
The Human Services Center will be closed on Mondays and open to the public Tuesday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. through the month of June. Staff will work remotely on Mondays. Extended hours will be introduced in July.
12% of staff working in office with the rest working from home to support all operations.
To ensure the safety of our community and staff, playgrounds and other amenities such as vault restrooms, basketball courts, volleyball courts and horseshoe pits at Adams County parks, including City View Park, Rotella Park, Twin Lakes Park, and Riverdale Regional Park, are closed. Residents may still play disc golf, fish in lakes where fishing is not prohibited and enjoy walking paths, trails, and open spaces in Adams County, and we recommend continuing to practice social distancing of at least six feet from others while you recreate. Portable restrooms have been provided in place of the closed vault restrooms. Riverdale Golf Course remains open with modified play rules - please visit the website for complete information.
65% of staff is working in the field with staggered start times in order to promote social distancing. The field staff continues to work out of the shop bays avoiding their office environment and common areas such as kitchens and break rooms. They are providing maintenance to county parks and facilities, with critical projects continuing. Events planned through July are canceled, and staff is monitoring other events planned for later in the summer as the situation continues to develop. 4H/special events/CSU Extension services continue to work remotely. Parks administration is staffing the front desk of the Parks Administration building Tuesday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Other admin, events and support staff continue to work from home.
17% of staff is working in office to support benefits, new hires, and payroll support. Remaining staff is working from home to support all operations. We continue to hire and onboard new employees on a limited but weekly schedule at the Government Center with orientation occurring virtually.
In order to support limited occupancy in our County buildings, the majority of the Public Works team will continue to work remotely or in the field as our facilities begin to re-open. Please do not hesitate to contact our team members by telephone or e-mail with your inquiries. We will be happy to return telephone calls or schedule online meetings as needed.
- Public Inquiries (Telephone: 720.523.6875): Monday-Friday; 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Public Inquiries (E-Mail: PublicWorks@adcogov.org): Any Time
- Government Center Staffing (Limited In-Person Presence Starting in June): Tuesday-Friday; 7 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Capital Improvement Programs Division – Engineering & Right-of-Way Teams
- Infrastructure & Stormwater Division – Construction Inspection & Stormwater Inspection Teams
- Public Works Field Operations Division (Summer): Monday-Friday; 6 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Public Works Field Operations Division (Winter): Monday-Friday; 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Our Field Operations Division performs street maintenance operations including road/traffic maintenance, street sweeping, snow removal, and other tasks related to the safety of our public roads.
The Retirement Office will be open to retirees/employees Tuesday-Friday, 8 a.m. -4:30 p.m.
Starting Monday, June 29, Adams County Sheriff’s Office Headquarters will be located at the Adams County Government Center, 4430 S. Adams County Pkwy., Brighton. On Monday’s, the public can access the building by appointment only. Normal business hours will be Tuesday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Following increased concerns about the COVID-19 virus, we have taken the following steps to protect staff and community members.
- The Records Unit at the Commerce City substation is open to the public from 7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- The Traffic Unit at the Commerce City substation is open to the public from 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- All on-site jail visits are discontinued until further notice.
- The Citizen's Academy for 2020 has been canceled. We are very disappointed that we are currently unable to hold the academy for our community and residents.
- The Adams County Jail's Work Release program has been temporarily suspended. The public can call 303.655.3480 with questions related to Work Release.
The Treasurer's Office will be open to the public, by appointment only, Tuesday-Friday, 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Please call 720.523.6160 to schedule an appointment.
Residents and businesses in Adams County may pay their property taxes to the Treasurer’s Office in many ways:
- Online at adcotax.com
- Over the phone – 720.523.6160, #2
- Hand-deliver to a 24-hour voting ballot box at one of these locations:
- Adams County Government Center – 4430 S. Adams County Pkwy., Brighton
- Aurora Motor Vehicle – 3449 N. Chambers Rd., Aurora
- Commerce City Sheriff’s Substation – 4201 E. 72nd Ave., Commerce City
- Adams County Human Services Center – 11860 Pecos St., Westminster
- Westminster Motor Vehicle – 8452 N. Federal Blvd., Westminster
- Strasburg Sheriff’s Substation – 2550 Strasburg Rd., Strasburg
Governor Jared Polis issued Executive Order D 2020 012 that limits evictions, foreclosures, and public utility disconnections for Coloradans affected by COVID-19.