As a courtesy to our residents, all Colorado counties send out renewal notices for currently registered vehicles. Plates may be renewed online, by mail (send to Adams County Motor Vehicle, PO Box 5011, Brighton, CO 80601), or over the phone at 720.523.6010. While in-person transactions are available, they are by appointment only. Appointments can be scheduled online or over the phone at 720.523.6010.
Due to the current public health crisis, residents are encouraged to complete their transactions online at myDMV.colorado.gov.
Visit the State of Colorado website to renew online.
To Renew By Mail
- Verify the information on the renewal notice.
- If you've moved out of Adams County, contact your new county of residence.
- If you've moved to Adams County from another Colorado county your fees may differ; please contact our office at 720.523.6010 for the correct fees. Please be prepared to provide your license plate number, vehicle information and new Adams County address.
- If a new emission test is required, include the proof of emission.
- Include proof of insurance.
- Make check payable to Adams County Clerk. Make sure the check is signed.
- Mail to:
Adams County Motor Vehicle
P.O. Box 5011
Brighton, CO 80601-8215
Note: Please allow 14 days processing time. If received after the one month grace period, the fees will differ and the renewal will be returned to you.
To Renew In Person
After scheduling your appointment, bring your renewal notice or vehicle registration, new emission test (if required), and proof of insurance to one of our motor vehicle offices. We accept cash, credit cards, or check made payable to Adams County Clerk.