Adams County buildings - including the Government Center, Human Services Center, and Motor Vehicle locations - are now open Tuesday-Friday, 7 a.m.- 5:30 p.m. Some departments are open by appointment only. Find modified office hours here.
Adams County is now under Public Health Order 20-28 Safer at Home and in the Vast, Great Outdoors until further notice. For more information, visit the Tri-County Health Department site at


Human Services

  • How do I apply for child support services?

    If you are currently receiving TANF, you are automatically referred to the child support office. If you are not receiving TANF and would like to receive assistance from the Adams County Child Support Office in establishing paternity, a child support order, a medical support order or enforcement of any of these services, please call the Adams County Child Support Office at 720.523.2600 and ask for a non-TANF application packet.

  • Is there a cost for child support services?

    If you are not receiving TANF there is a one-time only $20 application fee, which needs to be returned with your application. This fee can be paid by money order or personal check.

  • Do I have to go to court to get a child support order?

    It may be necessary to go to court. The Child Support Enforcement (CSE) technician has the ability to negotiate a child support order at our office through an administrative process. This is the first method of choice. If an agreement cannot be reached, the CSE technician will refer the case for a court hearing.