- A household may adopt no more than two animals in a one-year period.
- All male and female dogs and cats at the age of eight weeks will be spayed or neutered prior to adoption.
- An individual must be at least 18 years of age to adopt an animal.
- Animals known to be sick will not be available for adoption.
- If a person who adopts an animal decides within 30 days that they do not want the animal, that person may return the animal to the shelter at no charge. No service fees or deposits will be refunded.
- Release of animals to bona fide rescue groups that meet qualifications established by Adams County Animal Shelter/Adoption Center will be at the discretion of the animal shelter manager.
- The Adams County Animal Shelter/Adoption Center reserves the right to deny requests for adopting animals to any person at its sole discretion.
- Unclaimed animals who have seriously bitten a person without provocation will not be available for adoption.
Note: The animal control manager must approve any exception.