- All dogs and cats will be altered prior to going home with the adopter.
- An individual must be at least 18 years of age to adopt an animal.
- Animals known to be sick will not be available for adoption.
- An adopted pet may be returned within two weeks of the adoption date for any reason for a full refund. Pets can returned between two weeks and one month of adoption, but no refund will be given. Pets returned after one month will require a relinquishment fee.
- Release of animals to bona fide rescue groups that meet qualifications established by Adams County Animal Shelter/Adoption Center will be at the discretion of the animal shelter manager.
- The Adams County Animal Shelter/Adoption Center reserves the right to deny requests for adopting animals to any person at its sole discretion.
- Unclaimed animals who have seriously bitten a person without provocation will not be available for adoption.
Note: Any exceptions must be approved by shelter management.